UPDATED March 19, 2020
Dear Parents and Student Travelers,
Green Light Travel & Tours is deeply saddened by those who have been affected and impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) around the world. We have been monitoring guidelines issued by the State Department and CDC to best manage our educational tours to the historical east coast.
As requested by school administrators and trip leaders, we will be adjusting plans for all March and April trips. If your group departs after April 30th, 2020, your trip is scheduled to travel as planned.
Approximately two to three weeks prior to departure, you will receive a trip itinerary regarding activities, flight and hotel information, departure and return times, packing tips, drop-off/pick-up locations, and all other aspects of your travel package.
Travel Contract Policies:
Please note that the terms of the travel contract you have agreed to allow modifications to itineraries, activities, airports substituted depending on your travel dates, arrival and departure dates/times, national holidays, based on events beyond the control of Green Light Tour and Travel. Please note that our cancellation policies and those policies issued by the travel vendors are still in effect. Additionally, we have further amended our policy so that any fees associated with cancellation of your tour, regardless of your departure date, will not increase between March 12, 2020, and April 13, 2020. This means that the cancellation terms that applied to you on March 12, 2020, will continue to apply to you through April 13, 2020.
Some questions we have been receiving:
I am concerned about the travel conditions for future dates.
Green Light Travel and Tours in conjunction with your trip leaders will continue to monitor the conditions and information issued by health and government officials. If travel advisories and conditions will not allow travel at that date, we will notify you of the plans to re-schedule at that time. We encourage you to monitor reliable sources like the CDC to understand the travel advice for various locations as this situation continues to unfold.
Traveler well-being and safety is one of our top priorities. Green Light has implemented the following measures:
We have implemented additional training for our Tour Directors, Course Leaders, and other staff to encourage best hygiene practices.
These best practices include frequent hand washing and refraining from unnecessary touching of surfaces or people. We have implemented shorter days of touring to allow trip participants more sleep. We will continue to follow developments that might affect our itineraries to avoid any unnecessary risk factors.
- Comply with special instructions issued by local officials.
- Adhere to known, effective best practices to minimize your chance of catching respiratory infections:
- Do not touch any part of your face without first washing your hands.
- Avoid contact with persons who are already ill.
- Avoid unnecessary touching of other persons (e.g. shaking hands in greeting) and limit touching publicly shared surfaces, where possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- We encourage all trip participants to travel with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes for use when hand washing, and surface cleaning might not be possible.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth with a tissue or in your elbow
- We encourage all travelers to wipe down their cell phones daily
We are committed to providing the high-quality educational experience you are expecting. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unusual current circumstances!